Woodland Hills Athletic Facilities

***PAGE UNDER CONSTRUCTION***

 

George Novak Field at the Wolvarena

The Wolvarena

The Wolvarena was formerly known as Turtle Creek Stadium. It was built in 1942 and seats 12,500.  It has been the home of the Woodland Hills football team since its inception in the fall of 1987. In 2017, the Wolvarena field was named for longtime coach and athletic director George Novak.

The Wolverines have played for nine WPIAL championships since 1996.  They were WPIAL AAAA Champions in 1996, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2009 and WPIAL runner-up in 2000, 2010, 2012, 2013.  They have been Pennsylvania State AAAA runner-up in 1996, 2001 and 2002.

The stadium was once voted “the most intimidating stadium in Pennsylvania.” Famous alumni who have played in this stadium include NFL Hall-of-Famer Jason Taylor and Leon Hart, the 1949 Heisman Trophy winner from Notre Dame.


 

Woodland Hills High School Soccer Complex

WHHS Soccer Field

Completed in 2008, the Woodland Hills High School Soccer Complex is one of the only soccer-only FieldTurf fields in Pennsylvania.  It is home to Woodland Hills boys and girls soccer programs and the with the adjoining track, makes up the home of the Woodland Hills Track and Field team.


 

Woodland Hills Softball/Baseball Field Complex

 WHHS Softball Field

The Woodland Hills Softball/Baseball Field Complex is a mixed-turf complex that is home to the Woodland Hills baseball and softball programs along with local small-college teams.  It’s FieldTurf surfaces allows for safe action when other fields are unplayable.


Woodland Hills High School Gymnasium

WHHS Gym

The Woodland Hills High School Gymnasium is the home of the Wolverine boys and girl basketball programs.